|2006 SoCRA Conference
- September 21 (Thursday) - Pre-conference Seminars
- September 22, 23, and 24 (Friday through Sunday)
- Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
540 North Michigan Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60611 USA
- Phone: 1-312-836-0100
- Fax: 1-312-836-6139
- Sales: 1-312-245-4728
- Toll-Free: 1-800-228-9290
Partial refunds are only given before September 5, 2008 as stated on the registration form.
You may transfer your current registration to the Annual Conference or to any SoCRA workshop offered through September, 2008 if the Late Course Transfer Form (PDF - Click Here) is completed and received BEFORE the start of the Annual Conference and the Late Transfer fee of $100.00 is included. This is a one-time accomodation.
Back to Top
Clinical research professionals including investigators, research coordinators,
research associates, project managers, consultants, educators, and administrators. Such participants may be affiliated with medical centers; cooperative research groups; research consortia;
pharmaceutical, device, and biotechnology companies; contract research
organizations; site management organizations; and independent research firms.
Upon the completion of the conference, attendees will be able to:
- Discuss Current Policy and Initiatives at the Office of Human Research Protections
- Discuss the Good Clinical Practice Policy and Initiatives at FDA as they Relate to Clinical Researchers
- Describe how Academic Medical Centers can Integrate Science and Ethics
- Discuss FDA's Perspective Regarding Research and Device Research
- Academic Research - Discuss Sponsor Monitoring / NIH Research - Non Drug/Non Device / and QA
- Discuss Sponsor and FDA Audits, and how to Develop a Monitoring Plan
- Discuss the Role Of The Clinical Information System and Building Reliability and Validity into Clinical Research
- Describe Data Safety Monitoring, Developing Data and Safety Monitoring Plans and Sample Size Considerations
- Discuss Issues related to Combination Products; Investigational Device Accountability; FDA Inspections
- Discuss Enrollment Challenges - Enrolling Minorities and Informed Consent
- Describe how to Develop an Understanding of Genetics by the Older Adult Population
- Discuss Legal Issues for Clinical Researchers and The Law and Investigational Site Responsibility
- Discuss Current Topics in Bariatric Surgery Research, Nutrition Research, Pediatric Obesity
- Discuss Psychological Considerations in the Treatment of Obesity and the Brain, Emotions, and Overeating
- Discuss Project Budgeting Tools and Resources: Coordination of Clinical Trial Sub-Sites/Multiple Projects
- Describe the effect of the European Union Clinical Trials Directive on Clinical Trials
- Discuss the Problems and Approaches in Designing Clinical Research in Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Describe how to Succeed with a Clinical Trials Program in Private Practice vs. a Large Institution
- Discuss Adverse Drug Reactions: Understanding AEs; When Are The Risks Worth It?
- Discuss Site Management from Protocol Feasibility to Reimbursement
- Discuss Effectiveness Evaluation of Clinical Research Education / Current Trends and Successful Methodologies
E-mail Your Poster Abstract
In submitting this poster abstract, the primary
author has reviewed and agreed to the following:
Guidelines for The Submission of Posters
SoCRA - 15th Annual Conference
September 21 - 24,
2006 - Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile - Chicago, Illinois 60611 USA.
- Abstracts (overviews) are limited to 500 words in length and must be presented on a single page.
- Poster boards available at the conference will be 4ft (high) x 8ft (wide).
- Posters will be on display from 9AM Friday until 4PM on Saturday. Poster presenters should be available during the afternoon breaks on Friday and Saturday.
- Posters must present new data of professional or scientific interest to the clinical research professional.
- The author must certify that no prior copyright or ownership applies to their poster content.
- Once a poster is accepted, content may not be significantly revised prior to the annual conference.
- Each abstract submission will include a CD or email attachment containing the abstract (overview) in Microsoft Word format.
- Submissions and supporting diskettes and documentation will not be returned.
Copy and paste the
following bolded text into your poster abstract submission e-mail, provide the
requested information, attach your Microsoft Word poster abstract to the e-mail,
and send the e-mail.
By this submission, I certify that my submitted abstract and poster are an original work and have no prior ownership or copyright restrictions. I certify that the abstract and poster are not previously copyrighted. I give SoCRA authority to reproduce and publish my abstract in their annual conference program, the SoCRA SOURCE journal, and proceedings of the meeting. If any other individual or organization asks for or receives copyright privileges for this work, I will promptly notify SoCRA of any such situation. I shall hold SoCRA harmless from any breach of this warranty.
Primary Author (for contact purposes):
Primary Author email address:
Primary author phone number:
Title of Abstract:
Poster subject area:
______ 1. Clinical Trials _____ 2. Clinical Research Management
Here to E-mail Your Poster Abstract.
Exhibitor Information and Checklists
Exhibitor Registration Form (PDF 194 KB)
Exhibitor Online Credit Card Registration
Exhibitor Information and Checklist (PDF 190 KB)
Exhibitor Computer Equipment Order Form (PDF 48 KB)
Exhibitor Electrical Order Form (PDF 49 KB)
Exhibitor Phone Order Form (PDF 52 KB)
Back to Top
Optional Dinner Night Out
Tommy Gun’s Garage is an Audience Interactive "Speakeasy,” which offers a Roaring 20’s Musical
Comedy Revue with da Gangsters, da Flappers and
YOU! (Uh, dat’s audience participation.) After
dinner join “Vito”, “Gloves”, da “Mugs” and da “Molls” for non-stop comedy and dangerous fun as
dey entertain you’s with singing, dancing and a lot of
Price includes transportation, Show, Entrée - Lasagna
(Meat or Marinara), Prime Rib, White Fish or
Boneless Breast of Chicken with Lemon Herb Sauce,
Soup or Salad, Vegetable, Potato, Dessert, Coffee, Tea
or Soft Drink,Tax and Gratuity.
(Alcoholic drinks are Extra!)
Online Registration: Click Here.
The Optional Dinner Night Out Registration form is available in Adobe PDF format, which can be viewed using the free-download of Adobe Acrobat Reader. (Click Here to Download this FREE software.)
Click Here to view/print the Registration Form in Adobe PDF format. (853 KB)
Back to Top
Annual Conference Audio CDs
With so many sessions and so much information, SoCRA and AVEN Audio Visual Education Network, Inc. are offering audio-CDs of all of the presentations given during this Annual Conference.
Post Conference CDs will be available from AVEN, Audio Visual Education Network, Inc., at
16052 28th Avenue NE
Seattle, WA 98155
Order online at: www.aven.com
Back to Top