This four day virtual conference will offer current information, tools, best practices, and training to assure that you’re up-to-date and compliant in your clinical research practice. The program will feature live opening and closing plenary sessions, 6 educational tracks with on demand content and live Q+A, a peer-driven poster program and award competition, plus sponsor opportunities. All content will be recorded and available on-demand allowing you access to 45+ CE!
Who Should Attend
Clinical research professionals including investigators, research coordinators, research associates, project managers, consultants, educators, and administrators. Such participants may be affiliated with medical centers; cooperative research groups; research consortia; pharmaceutical, device, and biotechnology companies; contract research organizations; site management organizations; and independent research firms.
Upon completion of this course the attendee should be able to:.
- Discuss instances where ethical principles apply to a subject’s experience in research, and apply strategies addressing potential challenges.
- Discuss the impact of COVID-19 on tuberculosis clinical trials in research projects in the United States, Latin America and Africa
- Discuss how thorough protocol feasibility can lead to informed decision-making and overall study success.
- Discuss techniques to pivot one's quality assurance approach and develop effective relationships with research staff and sites.
- Discuss how the research project can be organized to establish a procedures calendar and study flow that engages the research team.
- Discuss the key areas to address in a site/study initiation visit.
- Discuss barriers to participation in mental health behavioral research.
- Discuss how to develop recruitment strategies in overcoming barriers to participation.
- Discuss successful research subject retention strategies.
- Discuss the challenges in developing a quality management system (QMS) approach at a site setting.
- Discuss how to expand outreach and enrollment into research with people of underserved populations.
- Discuss strategies for increasing research participation among diverse racial and ethnic groups to obtain research results that are representative of the general population and work towards dismantling medical inequality.
- Discuss how continuous remote care can be used to care for chronic conditions like type 2 diabetes.
- Discuss specific actions to improve clinical trial recruitment.
- Discuss the journey from capacity to competence for children as it applies to assent and informed consent in clinical research.
- Discuss techniques and the process for hiring to a clinical team from both the hiring and candidate perspective.
- Discuss the concept of centralized monitoring, pre-visit preparation for the remote monitoring visit, and elements required to conduct a successful remote monitoring visit.
- Discuss how to successfully implement strategies to chart a career path as a clinical research professional.
- Discuss how to successfully plan and manage study start up activities globally.
- Discuss how to use a Single IRB model effectively when submitting a study for approval, both as a lead site and as a participating site.
- Discuss the impact of wrongdoing in research, along with strategies that can be used to develop a culture of shared responsibility and accountability to prevent or mitigate integrity deficits.