Title: Clinical Research Specialist 2
Company: The Ohio State University
Location: Columbus, OH
The Clinical Research Specialist 2 coordinates and performs daily clinical research activities in accordance with approved protocols administered by the Clinical Trials Office within the Comprehensive Cancer Center at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.
• Assist with assessing patient records to identify patients who are eligible to participate in specified clinical research protocols
• Recruit, interview and enroll patients
• Obtain informed consent and ensure consent process is administered in compliance with regulatory and sponsor requirements
• Educate patients and families of purpose, goals, and processes of clinical study
• Coordinate scheduling and follow-through of patient care appointments, procedures, & other diagnostic testing in accordance with the study protocol
• Assist with monitoring patients for adverse reactions to study treatment, procedure, or medication and notifies appropriate clinical professionals to evaluate patient response, identify the status of complications, & provide the appropriate level of care
• Document unfavorable responses and notify research sponsors & applicable regulatory agencies
• Assist with collecting, extracting, coding, and analyzing clinical research data
• Support activities to ensure compliance with all Institutional Review Boards (IRB), FDA (Federal Drug Administration), federal, state, and industry sponsor regulations
• Assist with coordinating and preparing for external quality assurance and control reviews by IRB, federal or industry sponsors
• Participate in activities to develop new research protocols and contributes to the establishment of study goals to meet protocol requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree specialized in biological sciences, health sciences, social sciences, psychology, human ecology or other medical field or an equivalent combination of education and experience required
• One year of experience in a clinical research capacity (human subjects) is required
• Knowledge of medical terminology desired
• Clinical research certification from an accredited certifying agency desired
• Computer skills required with experience using Microsoft Office Software applications desired
• Must be able to effectively communicate, both face-to-face and in writing, with clinical staff, research participants, and outside collaborators
• Requires successful completion of a background check
• Qualified candidates may be requested to complete a pre-employment physical, including a drug screen.
To learn more and apply, please visit: https://osujoblinks.com/vx3k
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
To apply for this position or to learn more, please click "Apply Online" below.
SOCRA Exp: 9/24/2023