Title: Clinical Research Coverage and Budget Analyst
Company: Inova Health System
Location: Falls Church, VA
Inova is Northern Virginia’s leading nonprofit healthcare provider, recognized in 2019 and 2020 by U.S. News & World Report, which named Inova Fairfax Hospital the #1 hospital in the Washington, DC region. Each of Inova’s five hospitals holds a 5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), distinguishing Inova as the highest-rated large health system in the U.S., and the only system to have all hospitals receive five stars. All five Inova hospitals were awarded ‘A’ grades for the spring 2020 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades, recognizing Inova’s achievements in protecting patients from harm and providing safer healthcare. Inova Fairfax Medical Campus was named to the Fortune/IBM Watson Health 100 Top Hospitals list, ranking in the top 10 nationwide among Major Teaching Hospitals. Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inova’s 18,000 team members serve more than 2 million individuals annually through an integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes. Inova is home to Northern Virginia’s only Level 1 Trauma Center and Level 4 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Its hospitals have a total of 1,936 licensed beds.
More information and statistics about Inova can be found at www.inova.org
Join Inova Fairfax Medical Campus as a full-time Business Analyst! Don’t miss the opportunity to be a part of the organization and Hospital, recognized for excellence and innovation. Apply today!
Business Analyst, 63096BR
What You Will Do:
The Business Analyst position will work in the Research Business Office under the general supervision of Director of Billing compliance. The individual should have previous experience in a clinical area, preferably clinical research and/or research billing/ claims and Coverage Analysis. The individual will be responsible for developing Coverage Analyses and billing grids for clinical trials, developing and negotiating sponsor budgets for clinical trials and training different disease areas on the importance of coverage analysis based on federal/state billing regulations including Medicare’s National Coverage Decision (NCD) 310.1 as well as other third-party billing rules. The individual will work closely with Principal Investigators, service line staff, research application, contract, finance, IRB, revenue cycle, Epic teams and should have an understanding of the regulations around research billing compliance.
• Understanding of FDA regulations related to clinical trials involving Investigational New Drugs (INDs) and/or Investigational Device Exemptions (IDEs).
• Knowledge of Medicare coverage decisions, regulation, benefit policy manuals and billing processes.
• Intermediate proficiency in clinical trial management system software (CTMS) and medical billing software (EPIC). Knowledge/experience with OnCore CTMS, a plus.
• Knowledge of clinical research protocol management and Clinical research Budgeting.
• Bachelor of Science or an additional 8 years of relevant experience in health-related discipline (nursing, biology, pharmacology).
Previous experience in Research Billing, Budgeting for Research Clinical Trials, Coverage Analysis, or other Research Finance background.
Our commitment to keeping patient’s safe means there’s no safer place for you to work. We safeguard our patients, by safeguarding our team members.
Inova is well stocked with the best and latest PPE
• Masks are provided to patients entering our buildings, and offered free to visitors
• Covid-19 patients are isolated in dedicated areas
• Inova operates curbside Covid-19 testing sites that are far removed from the main facilities
• All team members are trained in the latest screening guidelines
SOCRA Exp: 4/17/2021