Title: Research Data Analyst
Company: Boston Children's Hospital
Location: Boston, MA
At Boston Children’s Hospital, the quality of our care – and our inclusive hospital working environment – lies in the diversity of our people. With patients from local communities and 160 countries around the world, we’re committed to reflecting the spectrum of their cultures, while opening doors of opportunity for our team. Here, different talents pursue common goals. Voices are heard and ideas are shared. Join us, and discover how your unique contributions can change lives. Yours included.
The Research Data Analyst shall be responsible for:
- Working with researchers to develop and refine research questions, while properly addressing confidentiality and ethical considerations.
- Supporting retrospective and prospective chart review studies initiated by the members of the Boston Children’s Hospital Research community, utilizing medical records, clinical notes, and genomic databases.
- Facilitating preliminary analysis of aggregated and harmonized real-world clinical data in TriNetX.
- Perform further tests to assess the study design and refinement of inclusion and exclusion criteria. Complete follow-up data requests using SQL and scripting languages.
- Educate our user community about a variety of internal and external data sources and data querying techniques.
In order to qualify you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM or Health Informatics field with 0-2 years of clinical research experience.
- Strong understanding of relational database concepts and technologies, particularly SQL.
- A positive attitude, ability to develop productive relationships with pediatric researchers and excellent written and verbal communication skills. This is a full time, onsite position located in the Longwood area. If you are intrigued by the challenge of helping to support the pediatric research enterprise and its various components, then this opportunity is for you!
- Please note: During a public health emergency, individuals in this role may be expected to take on additional duties to respond to organizational needs
Boston Children’s Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
To apply for this position or to learn more, please contact Ryann Gagnon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOCRA Exp: 4/29/2021