Title: Clinical Research Lab Manager
Company: University of Minnesota Medical School
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Position available for lab manager passionate about advancing knowledge in the area of translational research of mood dysregulation and depressive disorders. This lab manager will oversee and coordinate all research-related activities and provide administrative management in the lab.
Lab Management - 60%:
- Coordinate activities of the study team
- Manage daily lab operations
- Direct supervision of Research Professionals
- Oversee on-boarding and off-boarding of student volunteers
- Supervise the setup and implementation of clinical research studies.
- Oversee study coordination and protocol compliance.
- Navigate complex project approvals through regulatory oversight and compliance organizations.
- Oversee the data management practices.
- Support research staff in handling and coordinating team efforts in the event of challenging situations such as child abuse reporting and detection of suicide risk.
- Assist the PIs with the translation of study design into manualized protocols.
- Assist in grant preparation, submission and follow-up of new proposals, manage existing grants.
- Assist the PIs with FDA IDE submissions and annual reporting, IRB submissions, renewals, and modifications.
- Assist the PIs in establishing Data Safety Monitoring Board (DSMB) committees for studies requiring this level of oversight; coordinate DSMB meetings and prepare DSMB reports.
- Establish pricing for procedures, maintain contracts with vendors and supply orders, and manage reimbursement, petty cash and participant payment.
- Utilize participant visit tracking system using study database tools
- Evaluate expenditure of research funds, and prepare yearly reports and budgets.
Direct execution of study activities - 0-40%:
- Implementation of study procedures
- Step in as needed when core study staff are away.
- The PI may assign special tasks and collaborations with other faculty based on research exploration.
To apply for this position or to learn more, please click "Apply Online" below.
SOCRA Exp: 5/15/2021