Title: Clinical Research Coordinator I
Company: Penn State Health
Location: Hershey, PA
The RN in this role is responsible for implementation of clinical research protocols under physician investigator guidance and delegation and clinical research specialist and/or clinical research coordinator II guidance.
- Assists in evaluation of new clinical research protocols for protocol feasibility, required research procedures and coordinator effort.
- Assists with submission of required initial regulatory documents and preparation of IRB applications.
- Screens for potential research participants through evaluation of inpatients and outpatients using inclusion/exclusion criteria and protocol-specified eligibility requirements.
- Coordinates with physician investigators to explain research study to potential participants and ensure that informed consent is obtained prior to initiation of study related procedures. Maintains confidentiality.
- Performs basic laboratory procedures including blood, tissue and/or body fluid collection, processing and shipment to central laboratories (if required).
- Assures completion of protocol specified procedures (i.e. Echocardiogram, MRI, EEG etc).
- Collects, records and maintains records of all data collected for research participants.
- Collaborates with Investigational Drug Service to maintain accountability logs for storage and administration of study medications and maintains accountability logs for investigational devices.
- Assists with preparation of required regulatory and IRB ongoing study documentation including annual progress reports, protocol amendments and safety reports.
- BSN or equivalent
- 2 years experience
- RN license
To apply for this position or to learn more, please click "Apply Online" below.
SOCRA Exp: 12/11/2021