Title: RN, Clinical Trials
Location: Dover, DE
RN, Clinical Trials
Job ID: 248
Bayhealth is currently seeking a Full-Time (80 hours) RN Clinical Trials, to work in our Cancer Institute.
Bayhealth’s mission is to strengthen the health of our community, one life at a time.
As central and southern Delaware’s largest healthcare system, Bayhealth is comprised of Bayhealth Hospital, Kent Campus and Bayhealth Hospital, Sussex Campus, the freestanding Emergency Department in Smyrna as well as numerous satellite facilities and employed physician practices encompassing a variety of specialties.
Bayhealth is a technologically advanced not-for-profit healthcare system with more than 4,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 400 physicians.
Bayhealth is an affiliate of Penn Medicine for Heart and Vascular, Cancer and Orthopaedics.
In Fiscal Year 2020, Bayhealth recorded 96,820 emergency department visits, 18,574 patients admitted to beds, 2,241 births, and provided $68.16 million in unreimbursed care to patients.
The RN Clinical Trials, coordinates the implementation of research protocols approved for activation at Bayhealth Medical Center. The RN Clinical Trials, collaborates with the Primary Investigator and Sub-investigators to ensure protocol objectives are met for the patient who enters a clinical trial. The RN Clinical Trials, maintains all necessary documentation and serves as a liaison for data management with the Bayhealth affiliate.
Essential Functions & Accountabilities:
1) Opens Clinical Trials as directed by the Primary Investigator. Screens for accruals for all open clinical trials. Participates in the conduction of clinical research studies.
2) Assist PI or SI with study initiation, conduction, and completion. Prepares and responds to audits conducted by study sponsors. Active participant is education regarding clinical trials.
3) Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of patients served on the assigned unit and when appropriate, is available to assist in the care of patients within the unit. Maintains competencies required to provide patient care with the duties of a Registered Nurse.
4) Demonstrates the ability to collect relevant patient healthcare data. Demonstrates ability to analyze the data in determining patient needs. Demonstrates the ability to identify individualized, expected outcomes for the patient. Outcomes are documented in the clinical record.
5) Demonstrates ability to develop a plan of care that prescribes specific interventions to attain expected outcomes and demonstrates the ability to implement interventions identified in the Plan of Care.
6) Demonstrates the ability to evaluate the patient's progress toward attaining expected outcomes. Demonstrates the ability to systematically evaluate the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice. Demonstrates the ability to reflect knowledge of current professional practice standards, laws and regulations.
7) Demonstrates ability to acquire and maintain current knowledge and competency in nursing care. Demonstrates the ability to interact with and contributes to the professional development of peers and other healthcare providers and demonstrates the ability to participate in decision making and takes action based on ethical principles.
8) Demonstrates the ability to collaborate with the patient family and other healthcare providers to provide patient care in a caring environment and demonstrates the ability to incorporate current concepts in clinical research utilization into his/her practice.
9) All other duties as assigned within the scope and range of job responsibilities
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· BSN; or Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing with 4 years’ oncology nursing, care management / patient navigation experience in lieu of BSN is required
· 2 years’ oncology nursing, care management / patient navigation, or related physician practice experience is required
· Current licensure in the State of Delaware is required
· Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) certification must be received within 3 years of hire and this Certification must be maintained throughout employment.
· Basic computer literacy in Word & Excel or similar software.
· BLS Certification required
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Previous oncology care coordination experience.
· Oncology nursing certification or clinical trials
· Competent in the design of databases and presentations.
Equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position or to learn more, please click "Apply Online" below.
SOCRA Exp: 9/11/2022