Title: Research Manager
Company: SSM Health
Location: Madison, WI
About SSM Health Dean Clinic- Based in Madison, Wis., Dean Clinic consists of a network of more than 60 clinics in south-central Wisconsin. Our more than 500 physicians provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the clinics as well as eye care through our Davis Duehr Dean locations. Dean Clinic also offers urgent care services and operates outpatient surgery centers. Dean Clinic joined SSM Health in 2013. The Research Manager supervises the clinical research activities at Dean Medical Group sites, recruits, evaluates and manages performance of staff, and is involved in the development, design, implementation and day to day management of studies/projects.
- Supervises activities of the Medical Research Department and Psychiatry Department clinical research coordinators, research study staff and marketing.
- Participates in finding new studies for research investigators and overseeing feasibility and startup process.
- Prepares and maintains the annual budgets for departments, requesting staff and equipment appropriately. Develops, negotiates and oversees budgets for clinical studies in Psychiatry Department; develops and monitors all Medical Research clinical budgets.
- Monitors and responds to financial status of departments.
- Ensure that all current policies and standards are met in accordance with the philosophy and objectives of the Dean Foundation. Participates in developing, interpreting and executing personnel policies established for the department.
- Evaluates workloads of staff to ensure fair distribution of work and professional development. Prioritizes staff workloads as necessary.
- Assists in preparing a master staffing plan tied to budget that ensures adequate staffing, as well as most effective utilization of department personnel. Monitors and processes personnel requisitions.
- Responsible for recruitment, interviewing, hiring and disciplining of staff. Works in collaboration with Executive and Medical Directors and principal investigators. Ensures that job descriptions are current.
- Responsible for preparation and delivery of performance reviews. Obtains input from principal investigators and other project specific personnel.
- Acquires understanding of each research study in order to monitor progress, check time lines and ensure adherence to protocol.
- Standardizes and organizes research operations across studies. Works with or assigns appropriate study personnel to create and implement Dean Foundation standard procedures
- 12. Participates in planning, design and implementation of new studies.
- Holds staff meetings. Communicates pertinent Dean Foundation information and news to staff members. Communicates staff member concerns/questions to Executive and Medical Directors and principal investigators.
- Works collaboratively with Dean Medical Group staff and researchers on medical research projects done at the Dean Medical Group and at other Dean sites.
- Promotes and maintains harmonious and effective working relationships within departments of the Dean Foundation, with Dean Medical Group staff, with related hospitals, clinics, community agencies and vendors, as needed.
- Responsible for department planning which includes new research, equipment needs and staffing/personnel needs.
- Reviews and approves all expenditures, including, if appropriate, all purchase orders and/or requisitions.
- Serves as member of the Dean Institutional Review Board.
- Encourages and facilitates the professional advancement of all staff.
- Ensures interdisciplinary educational opportunities and ongoing training for all staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
1. Minimum requirements include a Bachelor’s degree.
2. Management experience with three years staff supervision.
3. Experience in health care and clinical research.
4. Excellent communication and writing skills.
5. Ability to communicate clearly and directly.
6. Highly organized with the ability to prioritize.
7. Work independently and be self-motivated.
1. Oncology Research Background Competitive Salary and Benefit package.
To apply for this position, please visit: https://jobs.ssmhealthcareers.com/search/searchjobs
SOCRA Exp: 8/29/2019