Home Proctoring Policies and Procedures
Confidentiality of Exam Content/Systems
The remote proctoring application, computer-based test delivery system, tutorial, exam content, and survey are the published, confidential, and proprietary materials or intellectual property of Prometric and/or your test sponsor. Communicating, publishing, reproducing, or transmitting any part of an exam, in any form or by any means (e.g. verbal, electronic, written, etc.) for any purpose is strictly prohibited. ANY reproduction or disclosure will result in immediate notification to your test sponsor and potential filing of administrative, civil and/or criminal charges against you and anyone directing or conspiring with you.
Your office or home setting must meet the following requirements:
- Testing location must be indoors (walled), well lit, with a closed door and free from background noise and disruptions.
- No third party may be present in the room or enter the room for the duration of the exam. If this occurs, your exam will be terminated and/or your results invalidated.
- Your workstation and surrounding area must be free of pens, paper, electronic devices, etc. No content that could potentially provide an unfair advantage during your exam, including that posted on walls or within your immediate area, will be present during your exam session.
- Two tissues are permitted at workstation, but must be inspected by the Proctor prior to start of exam.
- Original, valid (unexpired), government issued photo & signature bearing identification is required in order to take an exam. Validity and the number of acceptable IDs are predetermined by your test sponsor.
- You will be required to show your workstation and surrounding area.
- You will be required to raise your pants legs above your ankles, empty and turn all pockets inside-out and raise shirt sleeves above your wrists prior to every entry into the online test.
- If you are wearing eyeglasses you will be required to remove them for visual inspection to ensure they don’t contain a recording device. Large jewelry items must be removed from your person prior to and throughout the duration of the exam.
- If you have long hair that covers your ears, you will be asked to pull your hair back to ensure nothing is attached to your ear that could provide an unfair advantage (such as a Bluetooth earpiece).
- Leaving the camera view while the exam is in progress is strictly prohibited.
Prohibited Items and Examinee Conduct in the Virtual Test Center
- Unauthorized personal items may not be accessible while testing. Such items include, but are not limited to: outerwear, hats, food, drinks, purses, bags or briefcases, notebooks, watches, cell phones, electronic devices, or wearable technology.
- Eating, drinking, smoking, and chewing gum are prohibited during the exam. Written notes, published materials and other testing aids are strictly prohibited.
- Light clothing items removed for comfort such as sweaters, suit jackets, scarves, etc., must be hung on the examinee’s chair, not placed in laps or on the workstation desktop. Outerwear such as heavy coats, parkas, rain coats, etc., is not permitted in the immediate testing area.
- Changing location while testing, turning off lighting or audio, speaking to or receiving aid from other individuals is strictly prohibited.