CCRP Renewal of Certification
Certification of Clinical Research Professionals by SOCRA is based on a continuing process of professional experience and education. The CCRP Recertification Program is dedicated to providing recognition and validation of the professional growth of the individual “CCRP®” to the healthcare community. The goal is to assure the safety of human research participants and improve the health of people around the world.
An overview of information regarding CCRP maintenance, continuing education requirements, and recertification can be downloaded here.
During the 3-year certification period, certificants must follow the requirements for maintenance of certification. The Maintenance of Certification section of the website outlines the:
- Requirements for Maintaining your Certification,
- Continuing Education Requirements,
- Descriptions of Acceptable CE,
- CE Recordkeeping Requirements, and
- Recertification Continuing Competence Learning Module.
Recertification / Certification Renewal
In order to maintain active certification status, the CCRP® must apply for renewal of certification to the Certification Committee every three years.
The requirements for recertification include:
- Current Certification - A certificant wishing to recertify must have a current certification.
- Application for Recertification - A certificant wishing to recertify must complete the application for recertification, CE log, and Continuing Competence Learning Module. These documents, along with the recertification processing fee (currently $350 USD for three years), must be submitted to the SOCRA administrative office prior to the certification expiration date.
More details may be found on under the Applying for Recertification section of the website.
If your CCRP has lapsed you have two options to reinstate your CCRP recertification.
1. If you hold the required 45 CE within your certification period, you may apply for reintstatement. You may apply for reinstatement by completing the reinstatement application and submitting a $50 processing fee. Once the application form is received, you will be sent the re-certification application and fee, and online education module, 'Regulatory Updates for Clinical Research Professionals', for you to complete.
2. If you do NOT have the required 45 CE within your certification period, you may apply to take the certification exam -- please contact firstname.lastname@example.org requesting this option (both paper and computer based testing options are available).
Click here for the Application and Fee for Certification Exam.