Title: Research Budget Coverage Analyst
Company: Tampa General Hospital
Location: Tampa, FL
Tampa General Hospital seeks a Research Budget and Coverage Analyst. Under the supervision of the Research Finance Manager or the Lead Clinical Research Budget and Coverage Analyst, provides analysis of clinical research budgets and payer coverage. Responsible for performing job duties in accordance with mission, vision and values of Tampa General Hospital.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher is required, in area of clinical health sciences or related field, such as Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D) or Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN).
- Requires a minimum two (2) years’ experience (or equivalent education) in clinical research or related field and prefer experience in billing, coding, coverage determinations, budgeting, and knowledge of research billing regulations.
- Strong medical terminology skills.
- Experience utilizing clinical literature to support determination of study protocol activities.
- Knowledge of medical claims coding practices and clinical processes including Medicare, Medicaid and insurance billing with UB04 and HCFA 1500.
- Knowledge of clinical research, research revenue cycle, clinical trial budgeting and billing rules, related contract negotiations, and related state and federal laws and regulations such as Medicare coverage rules and application of NCDs and LCDs, Medicare device (IDE) study coverage approval process, NCD 310.1. Must also have an understanding of Medicaid rules and regulations.
- Experience with reviewing and understanding FDA and Medicare regulations related to clinical trials including trials using Investigational New Drugs (IND) and Investigation Device Exemptions (IDE); and experience interpreting research contracts, study budgets, clinical protocols, and consent forms to extrapolate billing/coverage data is required.
To learn more about Tampa General Hospital or to apply, please visit www.tgh.org/careers.
SOCRA Exp: 2/24/2019