Computer Based Testing Application Process
Prometric testing centers are very focused on the re-opening of its test sites. Test sites will be opened where city, state and county jurisdictions will allow. The health of candidates and employees continue to be the top priority.
The CCRP Certification Examination is offered in two formats: paper and pencil, and computer based. For more information on the paper and pencil application procedure click here.
Computer Based Testing Methods
- Home Proctoring
- Prometric Testing Centers
Choosing an Exam Date and Location / Application Deadlines
- Please note, test center availability is on a first-come, first-served basis. The available test dates and times are displayed in real time. We do not guarantee the availability of your preferred test date/location when you choose to pay and schedule for your examination.
- Click here for a list of available test centers.
- If choosing to test at home, click here to ensure you meet the requirements for at home proctoring.
- You should apply to SOCRA 6 weeks prior to the date you wish to test. On the CCRP® application, in the Exam Format section choose Computer Based Testing.
- Allow 3-5 days for application processing.
- Once application is approved, you will receive communications from SOCRA and Prometric with instructions on how to schedule your exam through the Prometric website. Exam sessions are available at least 6 weeks in advance. You will have the best opportunity to schedule your preferred date if you contact Prometric 4-6 weeks prior to your preferred date.
- The certification application may be completed by visiting the CCRP Application page on the website, or it can be downloaded.
- On the CCRP® application choose Computer Based Testing under Program Information.
- Your complete application should be received 6 weeks in advance of the date you wish to take the exam. SOCRA is not responsible for lost or misdirected applications.
- SOCRA will NOT be able to consider candidates who are unable to provide the requested supporting documentation regarding their experience in clinical research.
- The submitted application should be fully and legibly completed. Incomplete or illegible applications will not be accepted.
- Applications and corroborating documentation must be completed in the English language.
- Payment must accompany your application packet in order to be reviewed. (There is an additional fee for the computer based testing option.)
- If payment is by personal or company check, the application packet and check must be mailed together.
- If submitting your application by email, please combine your complete application packet into a single PDF attachment (including your completed application, payment and supporting documentation) and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have a disability or special need that prohibits you from taking the examination under standard conditions, please contact the SOCRA administrative office prior to submitting your application to confirm what documentation must accompany your application. Prometric examination centers are equipped to provide access in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, and every reasonable accommodation will be made in meeting a candidate’s needs.
- Applications will be reviewed within 5 business days of receipt.
- Applicants may be contacted by email or phone if additional information is needed to complete their application.
- Enrollment is NOT confirmed until the application is complete and has been approved.
- Once the application is approved, NO REFUNDS will be issued.
- Applicants will be notified via email to advise if their application is accepted or denied.
What to Expect Once a Candidate is Accepted
- Upon approval of the application*, the applicant will receive the "CCRP Candidate Approval Letter" from SOCRA. This contains the link to the CCRP Reference Manual to assist in studying.
- Prometric will provide a "Preregistration" email with login information and instructions to schedule your exam.
- Once your exam is scheduled, you will receive an "Admission Letter" email from Prometric. This contains your exam details and must be presented to the testing center or Remote Proctor when testing.
- If the candidate fails to show at designated time and location for the exam, the candidate will forfeit the CBT fee
- The applicant MUST bring photo ID in order to be admitted to the examination site. Prometric Test Center Policies and Procedures may also be found here.
- *Once the application is approved, fees are non-refundable.
After the Exam
- Candidates will receive their score report via email within one week of testing. Candidates who pass the examination will receive a certificate specifying that the credential has been awarded. The certificate will be mailed within 3-4 weeks of the examination.
Any questions regarding the eligibility requirements should be directed to the SOCRA Administrative Office.