Application and Fee
Applicants should thoroughly review all of the information provided in the Certification section of the website. Before submitting an application packet, applicants must review the eligibility requirements, application procedures, and certification program policies and procedures.
The applicant must submit the following:
- Certification Application: A completed online certification application (or downloaded certification application.)
- Signed Ethics Statement: Download, sign, date, and return the Ethics Statement with your application portfolio
- Resume / CV: The applicant's resume or CV documenting their employment in clinical research.
- Job Description: The applicant's official job description issued by each employer/institution for EACH position title documented in the letter(s) of reference.
- Verification of Employment Letter: Include signed/dated letter(s) on institutional letterhead documenting the minimum work experience for the eligibility category. Include letters from EACH employer (supervisor or human resources) documenting EACH position. If required experience spans multiple positions and/or employers, multiple letters will be required.
Letters must include:
- Position title(s) applying toward eligibility
- Corresponding dates of employment for each position title
- Full-time or Part-time status for each position title (Include the number of hours/ percentage of time worked in clinical research related duties for each position title)
CCRP® Exam Fees:
Current Members: $395*
CBT (Computer Based Testing): additional $115 (North America - USA, Canada, Mexico), additional $175 countries outside North America
Retest fee within one year of original test date: Paper & pencil $200*, CBT $275*
All funds in US dollars.
- Option 1: Payment in Full *
- Current Members: $395
- Non - Members: $450
- Option 2: Three Year Installment Plan
- Current Members: $250 initial payment / $100 in years 2 & 3 (Total $450) **
- Non - Members: $300 initial payment / $100 in years 2 & 3 (Total $500)**
For applicants applying under Category 2 or 3, appropriate documentation must be included (see below).
For applicants who have a disability or special need that prohibits them from taking the examination under standard conditions, a written request, along with written confirmation from a physician, must accompany your application form. Requests will be reviewed by the Certification Committee.
* Includes three years complimentary SOCRA membership upon successful completion of the examAll funds in US dollars
** Includes complimentary SOCRA membership upon successful completion of the exam
In addition to documentation listed above, applicants applying under Category 2 must also include:
- Form 1011 completed
- Applicant's transcript documenting graduation with an Associate, Undergraduate, or Graduate degree in "Clinical Research" from an academically accredited institution of higher learning (community college, college or university)
In addition to documentation listed above, applicants applying under Category 3 must also include:
- Form 1022 completed.
- Applicant's transcript documenting graduation with an Undergraduate or Graduate Certificate in “Clinical Research” with a curriculum of no less than 12 semester (credit) hours or totaling a minimum of 144 credit hours from an academic institution of higher learning (community college, college or university)
- Applicant's transcript documenting graduation with an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a science, health science, pharmacy or related field at an academic institution of higher learning (community college, college or university).