Application and Fee
In order to maintain active certification status, the CCRP® must apply for renewal of certification to the Certification Committee every three years.
As you know, SOCRA strives to promote individual recognition and continuing excellence in the ethical and operational conduct of clinical trials through the CCRP® certification program. We truly appreciate your accomplishment as a CCRP® and your continued maintenance of the CCRP® credential.
We have been able to maintain our fees for recertification for the CCRP® credential at the same levels for the past 15 years. However, due to current interpretations of applicable law, the Certification Committee has updated the requirements and subsequently adjusted the fee structure for CCRP recertification.
Under the revised system, certified clinical research professionals receive complimentary SOCRA membership for their term of certification. Certified clinical research professionals thereby still:
- have access to the SOCRA journal,
- have access to CITI’s GCP and Human Research Protections on-line modules (10 hours of no cost CE), and
- receive SOCRA CE certificates when attending SOCRA Chapter meetings (at no cost).
When applying for recertification, you will now have two options. You can be assured that the committee has minimized the cost impact of both options. Please note that complimentary SOCRA membership is included in both options.
Option 1: Payment in Full for a three year recertification term
$350 for three years (includes complimentary SOCRA membership for all three years)
Option 2: Installment Plan over three years
$200 initial payment for one year, $100 for year two and $100 for year three = $400 total
(includes complimentary annual SOCRA membership as each installment is received)
A recertification reminder email is emailed to the certificant 2 months before their certification expiration date. The email includes link to the recertification application web page and the Continuing Competence Learning Module. If you do not receive the recertification email at least 2 months before your certification expiration date, please contact the SOCRA administrative office.
Recertification Application Submission
To apply for recertification, applicants must complete and submit the following to the SOCRA administrative office BEFORE their certification expiration date:
- Recertification Application - included in the Recertification Reminder Packet or may be completed online here.
- Recertification CE log - A log of completed continuing education must be submitted with your recertification application packet. This log must include the required forty-five (45) contact hours of continuing education, applicable to work in clinical research, during the period after the most recent certification date. Please review the Continuing Education Requirements for more detailed information. You may also download the CE Tracking Log, an excel based tool for logging and tracking continuing education (CE) hours.
- Recertification Continuing Competence Learning Module - The Continuing Competence Learning Module will be completed online at your own pace. This exercise is intended to assure that CCRPs are maintaining their knowledge and understanding related to changes affecting clinical research.
- Recertification Processing Fee Options - Subbmission of the recertification processing fee is in U.S. Funds to the SOCRA administrative office.
1. Payment in Full: $350 for three years (includes three complimentary years of membership)
2. Installment Plan: $200 initial payment, $100 in years two and three = $400 total (includes complimentary membership each year)
A printable version of the Recertification Application and Requirements for Maintaining your Certification may also be downloaded here.
If your membership information has changed (company, title, address, ect.) please update it here.