SOCRA Arkansas Chapter
The SOCRA Arkansas Chapter in conjunction with the
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences presents:
"Informed Consent and Assent in Pediatric Clinical Trials"
Margie Brackeen, Research Compliance Director
Arkansas Children's Research Institute
- Date: Thursday, June 13th, 2019
- Time: 10:30 - 11:30 am
- Location: Univ. of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Cancer Institute, 10th floor, Walton Auditorium
- Speakers' Affiliation: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Discuss the Revised Common Rule requirements & IRB advice
- Take a deeper look at the key information requirement
- Work through exercises on determining key information
- Directions and Parking Information:
From Interstate 630, take the Pine/Cedar Street Exit. Head north on Pine Street until you reach Capital Avenue. Turn left at the 4-way stop. Go straight through the light at Cedar Street. Turn right into Parking Deck 3. (https://uamshealth.com/upload/docs/maps/printable_pathways.pdf). Visitor parking is $1.00 for the first hour, plus $1.00 for each additional hour up to a maximum of $7 per day.
Please take your parking ticket with you when you exit your vehicle. A Pay Station is available on the 3rd level of the parking deck and accepts cash and major credit cards. You may also pay in the deck exit lane with your credit or debit card but cash is not accepted in the exit lane.
From Parking 3, take the walking bridge on Level 3 to the Cancer Institute. Take the D elevators to the 10th floor. Follow the signs to the Walton Auditorium.
- SOCRA CEUs available: 2 (for SOCRA members)
- Questions: Please contact Carrie Chiaro (501-526-6270; ChiaroCarrieL@uams.edu) or Jocelyn Wright (501-364-3120; WrightJJ@archildrens.org).
- RSVP: Please RSVP to Carrie Chiaro (501-526-6270; ChiaroCarrieL@uams.edu).
SOCRA members and non-members welcome!
Please share this announcement with your colleagues.