SOCRA Arkansas Chapter
The SOCRA Arkansas Chapter in conjunction with the
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences presents:
“Ethics of Human Subjects Research”
Speaker: Micah Hester, PhD
Professor of Medical Humanities and Pediatrics
Chair, Department of Medical Humanities and Bioethics
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Date: Thursday, September 12, 2019
- Time: 9:00 – 11:00 am
- Location: Univ. of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Education II building, Room G137
- Speakers’ Affiliation: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and University of Arkansas Little Rock
- Recognize that good human subject's research is about more than having a good informed consent form
- Evaluate how the way subjects are identified, recruited, informed, and compensated impact the ethics of a study
- Explain how the revised Common Rule changes current practices in human subjects research
- Directions and Parking Information:
From Interstate 630, take the Pine/Cedar Street Exit. Head north on Pine Street until you reach Markham Street. Turn left onto Markham Street. Turn left onto Hooper Drive (Entrance 2) and park in Parking 2 (https://uamshealth.com/upload/docs/maps/printable_pathways.pdf). Visitor parking is $1.00 for the first hour, plus $1.00 for each additional hour up to a maximum of $7 per day.
Please take your parking ticket with you when you exit your vehicle. A Pay Station is available in the breezeway into the Central building which accepts cash and major credit cards. You may also pay in the deck exit lane with your credit or debit card but cash is not accepted in the exit lane.
From Parking 2, take the walking bridge to the College of Public Health. Take the elevator down to the Ground Floor. Follow the hallway straight ahead, make a right and then a left. Once you pass the elevators you will be in the Education II (Ed II) building. Turn left and then right. The classroom will be on your right.
SOCRA CEUs available: 2 (for SoCRA members)
Questions or to RSVP: Please contact Carrie Chiaro (501-526-6270; ChiaroCarrieL@uams.edu).
SOCRA members and non-members welcome!