SOCRA Arkansas Chapter
The SOCRA Arkansas Chapter in conjunction with the
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences presents:
"IRB Review of Research Involving Prisoners: Foundational Frameworks and Present Challenges"
Webinar with Panel Discussion to Follow
Dr. Nickolas Zaller, Director of Public Health and Research Center, College of Public Health
Dr. Melissa Zielinski, Assistant Professor, Psychiatric Research Institute
Edith Paal, Director of UAMS IRB, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Date: Thursday, May 28, 2020
- Time: 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
- Location: This meeting will only be available through ZOOM. You must RSVP. A link and further instructions will be sent out closer to the date of the meeting.
- Speakers' Affiliation: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Discuss with a panel of UAMS experts some real world challenges of including prisoners in research
- Describe the regulatory, ethical, and historical factors that shape the ethical conduct of research with prisoners
- Apply the regulations in today's research climate
- Questions for the Panel: Please submit any questions you may have for the panel before May 28th.
- SOCRA CEUs available: 1.5 (for SOCRA members)
- RSVP: Please contact Carrie Chiaro - 501-526-6270; ChiaroCarrieL@uams.edu
SOCRA members and non-members welcome!