SOCRA Arkansas Chapter
The SOCRA Arkansas Chapter in conjunction with the
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences presents:
"Medical Devices in Research"
Speaker: Amy Jo Jenkins, MS, CCRP, CCRC, CCRA
UAMS Translational Research Institute
- Date: Thursday, May 16, 2019
- Time: 10:00 - 11:00 am
- Location: Univ. of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Institute on Aging, Jo Ellen Ford Auditorium
- Speakers' Affiliation: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and University of Arkansas Little Rock
- Review medical device historical milestones
- Discuss medical device regulations
- Review classification of medical devices and types of marketing pathways
- Explore using medical devices in clinical trials
- Directions and Parking Information:
From Interstate 630, take the Pine/Cedar Street Exit. Head north on Pine Street until you reach Capitol Street (5th Street). Turn left onto Capitol Street. Cross over Cedar Street and then turn right to enter Parking 3 (https://uamshealth.com/upload/docs/maps/printable_pathways.pdf). Visitor parking is $1.00 for the first hour, plus $1.00 for each additional hour up to a maximum of $7 per day.
Please take your parking ticket with you when you exit your vehicle. A Pay Station is available on the 3rd level, which accepts cash and major credit cards. You may also pay in the deck exit lane with your credit or debit card but cash is not accepted in the exit lane.
From Level 3 of Parking 3, enter the Spine Institute through the glass doors. Follow the hallway and turn left at the elevators. Walk past the elevators and take the bridge to the Institute on Aging. Go past the desk to the elevators. Take the elevators down to the 1st floor. Once you enter the main area, turn right and the auditorium will be on you left.
- SOCRA CEUs available: 1 (for SOCRA members)
- Questions or to RSVP: Please contact Carrie Chiaro (501-526-6270; ChiaroCarrieL@uams.edu) or Melisa Clark (501-686-8098; MGClark@uams.edu).
Please share this announcement with your colleagues.