SOCRA Arkansas Chapter
The SOCRA Arkansas Chapter in conjunction with the
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences presents:
"Advanced Research Misconduct"
Darri Scalzo, Research Compliance Officer
Nancy Rhea, Research Compliance Analyst
UAMS Office of Research Compliance
- Date: Friday, March 8, 2019
- Time: 9:00 - 11:00 am
- Location: Univ. of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, RAHN building, Room 8240
- Speakers' Affiliation: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Define research misconduct.
- Review types of research misconduct.
- Discuss procedures for handling allegations.
- Review some research misconduct red flags.
- Discuss real world examples of research misconduct.
- Directions and Parking Information:
From Interstate 630, take the Pine/Cedar Street Exit. Head north on Pine Street until you reach Markham Street. Turn left onto Markham Street. Turn left onto Hooper Drive (Entrance 2) and park in Parking 2 (https://uamshealth.com/upload/docs/maps/printable_pathways.pdf). Visitor parking is $1.00 for the first hour, plus $1.00 for each additional hour up to a maximum of $7 per day.
Please take your parking ticket with you when you exit your vehicle. A Pay Station is available in the breezeway into the Central building which accepts cash and major credit cards. You may also pay in the deck exit lane with your credit or debit card but cash is not accepted in the exit lane.
From Parking 2, take the walking bridge to the College of Public Health. Take the elevator up to the 8th Floor. The room will be straight down the hall, and on your right.
- SOCRA CEUs available: 2 (for SOCRA members)
- Questions or to RSVP: Please contact Carrie Chiaro (501-526-6270; ChiaroCarrieL@uams.edu) or Melisa Clark (501-686-8098; MGClark@uams.edu).
SOCRA members and non-members welcome!
Please share this announcement with your colleagues.