Boston Chapter Meeting
The SOCRA Boston Chapter presents the March 19th (TUESDAY!) meeting:
Looking Beyond the Clinical Trial: The Promise & Potential of
Community In Research
Location for all 2019 meetings: 1 Autumn Street, Auditorium B (in the basement), Boston Children's Hospital, Boston MA 02215. Contact Erica Denhoff, MPH, CCRP, Chair SOCRA Boston chapter, with any questions at Erica.Denhoff@gmail.com or 401-575-7898.
Time for all 2019 meetings: 5pm-6pm
March 19th (TUESDAY!) Speaker: Laura L. Hayman, PhD, MSN, FAAN, FAHA- Professor, College of Nursing & Health Sciences, University of Massachusetts Boston & Adjunct Professor of Medicine, Division of Preventive & Behavioral Medicine, Department of Population & Quantitative Health Sciences, UMass Medical School
- Examine the translational research model that spans "cells to society" research
- Identify and describe key components of community-based research
- Illustrate the challenges and opportunities of including "community" in research
- Discuss the incorporation of components of community -based research in clinical trials
- Highlight the implications for future nursing and multidisciplinary research
March and April 2019 Meetings:
March 25th: Sponsor-Investigator Responsibilities
(Christina McCarthy, MS - Regulatory Consultant)
April 1st: History and Theories of Informed Consent
(Leonard Glantz, J.D. - Professor Emeritus of Health Law, Bioethics & Human Rights, Boston University School of Public Health)
April 8th: Research Misconduct
(Fariba Houman, PhD, CIP - Research Compliance Officer, Boston Children's Hospital)
April 22nd: Research Privacy
(Eleanor Kuszmar, MS, CHRC, CRA - Sr. Research Compliance Specialist, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center)
ALL CHAPTER MEETINGS ARE FREE OF CHARGE, OPEN TO SOCRA MEMBERS AND THE PUBLIC, AND DO NOT REQUIRE PRE-REGISTRATION.
CE: SOCRA members may claim 1 CE for attendance per meeting.