SOCRA Calgary Chapter Meeting
Calgary Centre for Clinical Research (CCCR)
Date: February 24, 2020
Time: 12:00 pm - 1:00pm
Location: University of Calgary, Foothills Campus
Room: Theatre 4- Health Sciences Centre
Topic: "Research Integrity, Policy and Procedures"
- Stacey Page - Chair, Conjoint Health Research Ethics Board/Associate Professor, Department of Community Health Sciences, University of Calgary
- Shirley Voyna Wilson, Protected Disclosure Advisor, Office of Diversity, Equity, and Protected Disclosure, University of Calgary
About the Speaker:
Stacey Page, PhD is Associate Professor in the Department of Community Health Sciences, Cumming School of Medicine, University of Calgary. She has close to 20 years of varied REB experience as a student, administrator, member, researcher and vice chair. She is the Chair of the Conjoint Health Research Ethics Board for the University of Calgary, a member of the Human Research Ethics Board at Mount Royal University as well as a member of the Research Ethics Board at the Alberta University of the Arts. Dr. Page is on the Board of Directors of the Canadian Association of Research Ethics Boards. Her research interests focus on research ethics, particularly consent, privacy, and secondary data use.
Shirley Voyna Wilson, MA she serves as a centralized resource to all members of the University community and is the central point of contact for dealing with protected disclosures under the Public Interest Disclosure (Whistleblowing) Act (PIDA) and research integrity issues.
- For learners to understand the importance of research integrity, and what constitutes honest mistakes vs. research misconduct
- For learners to understand University of Calgary research integrity policy and procedures for managing allegations of misconduct
Continuing Education (CE): SOCRA members may claim 1.0 CE credit hour. SOCRA members will receive Certificates of Attendance at the completion of the event.
Parking: Paid parking is available in LOT 6 on level 1
RSVP: Sign up via this link - https://www.ucalgary.ca/paed/node/14818
Video Conference Site Locations:
- Alberta Children's Hospital- Amphitheatre
- UCalgary Main Campus: CCIT 211 - Calgary Centre for Innovative Technology
- South Health Campus: Site Administration Meeting Room 710007
- Peter Lougheed Centre - Room 3664
- Tom Baker Cancer Centre - Room CC105
- University of Alberta - Walter MacKenzie Centre Classroom F (2F1.02)
Please share this announcement with your colleagues. Members and Non-members welcome!