CENTER CITY PHILADELPHIA SOCRA CHAPTER MEETING
• Time 11AM-12PM
• Location and Address via zoom https://jefferson.zoom.us/j/4421440107
• Name of speaker Kathleen O’Malley, RN, BSN, CCRP:
• Speaker title: Director of Education and Training
• Speaker affiliation: Jefferson Clinical Research Institute
Thomas Jefferson University/ SOCRA
Program directors, in collaboration with departments performing and administrating all aspects of clinical research, interviewed and hired a cohort of individuals that are naïve to clinical research, into entry-level positions. These employees worked closely with a mentor within the hiring department, and went through a clinical research education and training program, with increasing levels of work responsibilities over time. The program employed a blended learning approach, including independent study, classroom training, webinars and on-the-job training and shadowing. We have completed to cohorts of the program. This presentation will talk about the successes and barriers of implementing said program.
• SOCRA CEU’s available: 1 CE for SOCRA members
• Please note "Only SOCRA members receive a certificate of attendance"
Since it is via zoom you do not need to RSVP to me, you can use the zoom link. I will have a sign in sheet at the meeting so they will need to sign the attendance sheet in order to receive CE credits.
Valerie Hess; Valerie.Hess@jefferson.edu
Project Manager, Training & Education
Jefferson Clinical Research Institute, Thomas Jefferson University
Please share this announcement with your colleagues.