SOCRA NJ Area Chapter presents:
AN EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH SYMPOSIUM
Amber Turner, BS, MPH; Research Coordinator, Department of Surgery, RWJBH - St. Barnabas Medical Center.
"Tissue Procurement and its Relevance in Research"
DATE: March 29, 2019
LOCATION:Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset
- Steeplechase Cancer Center - First floor conference room
30 Rehill Avenue
Somerville, NJ 08876
Presentation begins at 2pm through 3:00pm (Sign-in begins at 1:30pm)
TARGET AUDIENCE: Healthcare professionals, regulatory affairs specialists/coordinators and anyone interested in expanding their knowledge.
LECTURE OBJECTIVES: "Tissue Procurement and its Relevance in Research"
Participants will receive an overview of a tissue banking/procurement program and how it supports research within an institution.
* Brief overview of tissue banking regulations
* Resources needed for tissue procurement program
* Define type of samples collected as part of tissue banking
* Review of example protocols related to Tissue Banking and Usage
* Data collected as part of tissue banking
1.0 SOCRA CE credits awarded for SOCRA members
Parking conveniently located in front of the cancer center.
Please park towards the back of the lot (close to the brick wall) so patients coming for treatment can park closer