SOCRA Northern California Chapter
Thursday, February 21st from 12-1pm
Navigating High Regulatory Barriers for Cannabis Research
Presented by: Cindy Kiel, JD, Executive Associate Vice Chancellor for Research Administration and Compliance at UC Davis
This session will provide a high level overview of the current state of cannabis research, the complex legal framework governing cannabis and hemp research and finding practical solutions in the complex federal and state regulatory framework governing THC CBD and Hemp.
- Gain an understanding of the need and opportunities for cannabis research
- Introduce the complex (and changing) legal challenges related to cannabis research including the
- Controlled substances Act
- The Farm Bill
- FDA jurisdiction
- State and local laws and policies
- Identify barriers to conducting research with cannabis and identifying potential practical solutions to allow research to move forward
SOCRA Members receive 1.0 continuing education unit for attending.
UC Davis Medical Center Campus
CTSC Building, Room 1444 (Conference Room)
2921 Stockton Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95817
Please RSVP by Thursday, February 21st (at 10am) to Kathryn Smith at email@example.com.
For those requesting remote attendance through Zoom:
- SOCRA CREDIT: If there are at least 2 SOCRA Members at the Remote Site, SOCRA continuing education units will be provided. One individual will serve as liaison, and will be responsible for the attendance reporting and remote login at the site. You must indicate whether you are requesting SOCRA credit, and whether you have at least 2 SOCRA members present when you RSVP, otherwise, you will not be provided this certificate.
- CTSC CREDIT: Alternatively, the CTSC will provide 1.0 continuing education unit to those remote attendees who participate individually, or who are not SOCRA members.
Please email Kathryn Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional details.
Please share this announcement with your colleagues.
As some of you may know, Cynthia Gates is no longer with UC Davis. March 2019 will be the last meeting hosted by the UC Davis IRB group, as a new Northern California Chapter Chairperson will be taking over. More information on this transition will be provided at a later date.