SOCRA Northern California Chapter
Thursday, September 20th from 12-1pm
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Presented by: Cynthia Gates, JD, CIP, CCRP, Director of the IRB Administration at UC Davis
GDPR is a new privacy law implemented earlier this year, applicable to The European Union and Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and the United Kingdom. Because it provides special protections for sensitive data, and information that can identify a person, there could be implications for your research.
- Understand who is subject to compliance with GDPR.
- Discuss how to comply with the GDPR.
- Discuss the consequences of failing to comply with the GDPR.
SOCRA Members receive 1.0 continuing education unit for attending.
UC Davis Medical Center Campus
Education Building, Room 1204 (Lecture Hall)
4610 X Street, Sacramento, CA 95817
Please RSVP by Thursday, September 20th (at 10am)
to Kathryn Smith at email@example.com.
For those requesting remote attendance through Zoom:
- SOCRA CREDIT: If there are at least 2 SOCRA Members at the Remote Site, SOCRA continuing education units will be provided. One individual will serve as liaison, and will be responsible for the attendance reporting and remote login at the site. You must indicate whether you are requesting SOCRA credit, and whether you have at least 2 SoCRA members present when you RSVP, otherwise, you will not be provided this certificate.
- CTSC CREDIT: Alternatively, the CTSC will provide 1.0 continuing education unit to those remote attendees who participate individually, or who are not SOCRA members.
Please email Kathryn Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional details.
Please share this announcement with your colleagues.
There will be no Chapter Meetings in November and December. Our last meeting of 2018 will be in October.