Rocky Mountain Area Colorado
SOCRA Rocky Mountain Area Chapter
- 1 hr CEU offered SOCRA Members ONLY
- Non SOCRA Members Welcome!
- Unfortunately we will not be offering teleconference options
Date: January 9, 2019 (Wednesday)
Time: 6-7pm, doors open at 530pm
Location: Lilly Marks Conference Room, CU Medicine (formerly UPI) Building, AMC directions attached
Speaker: John C. Heldens, CIP, RAC, Director of COMIRB, University of Colorado, Denver
Topic: Reduce Your Burdens: Transitioning Research to the 2018 Requirements
About our Speaker: John Heldens is the Director of COMIRB, the Colorado Multiple IRB, at University of Colorado, Denver, since November 2016. He has over 28 years of experience with IRBs and human research protections. He has presented at PRIM&R, AAHRPP and HCCA national conferences. He has participated in or led four successful applications for AAHRPP accreditation. His academic background is in economics and decision sciences and he has a strong interest in IRB metrics, and leadership. John previously served as an IRB consultant with the PEER Consulting Group and prior to that as Director of the Human Research Protection Program at the University of California, San Francisco.
- Key changes in the "2018 Requirements" for human subject's protections
- The implications for transitioning approved research to the 2018 Requirements
- Strategies for an IRB to operationalize this regulatory transition
SOCRA CEU's available: 1 (for SoCRA members)SOCRA members and non-members welcome!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com