Topic: Times They are A Changin': Guidance on the Revised Common Rule for Institutions and Study Staff
Date: Wednesday, September 12, 2018
Time: 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Speakers: Kelly FitzGerald, PhD, CIP
Vice President of IRB and IBC Affairs
Western Institutional Review Board
Dr. FitzGerald earned her PhD at the University of Washington in the area of chemical engineering developing systems to investigate the metabolism of single cells. She moved from the laboratory into research administration in 2005 when she began licensing medical device inventions for UW Tech Transfer. She then served as the Director of Sponsored Research for University of Washington Tacoma before joining WIRB in 2014 as the Director of Expedited Review.
- Provide an overview of the Revised Common Rule
- Describe the timeline for implementation of the specific provisions
- Identify decision points for institutions regarding implementation
- Discuss how these provisions are likely to impact IRBs, research coordinators, and research physicians
CEU: SOCRA members may claim up to 1.0 SOCRA CEU for SOCRA recertification.
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
Room M1-A303 - Arnold Building
1100 Fairview Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109
Remote attendance locations are available in Spokane, WA, and Bothell, WA. Please include your location preference with your attendance reply. For directions to remote locations please contact:
- Spokane - Angela Lloyd at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bothell - Jennifer Houser at email@example.com
RSVP: Merle Witter, CCRP firstname.lastname@example.org
Parking for Fred Hutchinson:
- Visitor parking is available in front of the Thomas Building and near the Yale Building on the southwest side of campus.
- Metered street parking is also available on Eastlake Avenue East, Minor Avenue North, Aloha Street, and Valley Street.
Directions and Fred Hutchinson campus map available at: