SOCRA Wisconsin Chapter
TITLE: Rare Disease Research
SPEAKERS: Robert Haws, MD Pediatrics-Nephrology Physician/Clinical Research Director and founder of the Bardet-Beidl Syndrome (BBS) Program at Marshfield Clinic.
OBJECTIVES: After this presentation, the audience will be able to:
1) Describe the unique features to FDA oversight of rare disease clinical research.
2) Explain the definition of rare diseases in clinical care and recognize features of rare diseases that impact clinical trials.
3) Understand the role of rare disease registries and therapeutic drug trials in rare diseases.
DATE: Tuesday, February 6, 2018
TIME: 5:15 pm - 7:00 pm (presentation to start at 5:30)
PLACE: Please check with your site liaisons on location of conference room :
1. St. Vincents (Amy Koffanus) or Annette Paul, Jan DeBartolo (Green Bay), HSHS (Hospital Sisters Health System, Green Bay), Bellin (Green Bay) (Mary Sallenbach), Aurora (Annette Paul)
2. U of Iowa (Amanda Vyn)
3. MCW (Becca Selle) Milwaukee (MCW) (Alex Hinman as backup), MCW, BCW (Blood Organ Tissue Services), CHW (Childrens Hospital of Wisconsin)
4. Gundersen (Nancy Fisher)
5. Marshfield, Marshfield Clinic - Laird 50/Wausau Room #1
6. Michelle Saunders, Madison, Covance
7. Mala Bobade, Waukesha Heart Institute
8. Diana Rosik, Spaulding Clinic West Bend, WI
9. Heidi Walaski, University of Wisconsin Madison
10. Appleton Thedacare, email@example.com (Not a Site Liaison but willing to coordinate meetings)
** Videoconferencing/webcast will be offered for this meeting. If you are a SOCRA member and are interested in becoming a remote site for more than 2 people, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
**1.5 CE will be offered to SOCRA Members
Daphne York, CCRP (715) 221-7281
Lisa Larson, CCRP (715) 389-5738
Please share this announcement with your colleagues