Test Center Policies & Procedures
For PSI Test Center Policies and Procedures click here.
SOCRA Sponsored Site Policies and Procedures
What to Bring to the Exam
To be admitted to the test center, you must bring:
- Your verification letter
- One form of identification that bears your photograph and signature. Acceptable forms of ID may include; a driver’s license, military ID, employee ID, or passport. The name listed on the ID must match your name as it appears on the verification letter.
- Three or four sharpened, soft lead (No. 2) pencils and a good eraser. Pencils and/or erasers will not be provided. Mechanical pencils are not recommended.
- We suggest that you dress in layers to adapt to fluctuating room temperature.
- If you feel noise could disturb your ability to take the exam, you are permitted to bring and use ear plugs. NOT head phones. Please present the ear plugs to the facilitator when signing in so they and the case they may be in can be checked.
What NOT to Bring to the Exam
- No food or drink will be allowed in the testing room.
- The use of electronic devices is strictly prohibited, including the use of calculators, cell phones, smart phones, smart watches, pagers, photographic devices and/or other electronic or communication devices.
- Visitors are not permitted in the testing room for any reason.
- Please note: If you have a medical need that necessitates food or drink, use of a medical device, or other special accommodation during the exam, contact the SOCRA Administrative office to discuss as soon as possible and at least one week prior to the exam.
Before You Enter the Test Center
- If you need to visit a restroom, do so before checking in at the test center.
- You will be admitted to the test center only if your name is on the exam roster and if you present a valid verification letter and an appropriate photo ID.
- Be sure to arrive by the registration time indicated on your verification letter.
- Any electronic devices (cell phone, electronic devices) must be turned off and stored on the floor below your seat (backpack/purse) in the test center.
Once the Exam Begins
Test Center Policies and Procedures
- You will be monitored by the facilitator for test security and fairness. The facilitator is NOT permitted to answer ANY questions.
- No breaks are scheduled. Candidates will not be permitted to leave the exam room without the exam facilitator’s permission. Lost time will not made up. If you must leave the room to use the restroom, you are not permitted to take anything with you, including pocketbooks, cell phones, or any other personal item. Outside communication is strictly prohibited including use of cell phones, pagers, and/or other communication devices.
- You will have 4 hours to complete the examination. There is no penalty for incorrect answers; therefore, it is to your advantage to answer every question. The facilitator will inform you when there are 30 minutes remaining. At the end of 4 hours, the facilitator will collect any remaining exam materials.
- No testing aides are permitted. Calculators, personal digital assistants (PDAs), smart phones, books, reference material, scratch paper and/or other aides are not permitted. Scratch work may be done in the margins of the examination booklet.
- All communication is prohibited during the examination including talking and use of cell phones, pagers, and/or other communication devices.
- The examination facilitator may dismiss a candidate from the test center at any time for any of the following reasons:
- Creating a disturbance
- Using or attempting to use an electronic device/unauthorized testing aide
- Using any outside communication
- Giving or receiving help on the examination
- Failing to follow testing procedures and/or instructions
- Attempting to remove examination materials or notes from the test center
- Impersonating another candidate